Ham & Pancetta Quiche
Prep Time: 30+ min • Servings: 8
pie shell, 10” diameter
Mastro® Pancetta Cube-etti
cloves garlic, chopped
mushrooms, washed and cut in wedges
yellow zucchini, skin on, diced small
green zucchini, skin on, diced small
Mastro® Prosciutto Cotto diced small
cup cream (35%)
Pinch ground Nutmeg
parsley, freshly chopped
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Place the pie shell onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (cooking wax paper) or tinfoil.
- In a frying pan, render the Pancetta at moderate heat till the Pancetta starts browning. Add onion and keep rendering till the onion is translucent. Add garlic, mushrooms, and zucchini. Stir gently, but well. Once the mushrooms are soft, add the Prosciutto Cotto. Stir again and cook for about one more minute.
- Transfer the Pancetta-Prosciutto Cotto mixture into the pie shell.
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk, cream, eggs, pepper, Nutmeg and chopped parsley. Add salt to taste if needed. Beat well and pour the liquid over the Prosciutto Cotto and Pancetta mix.
- Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese evenly over the pie.
- Bake the pie at 375F for about 25 to 30 minutes.